Where to find help for drug or alcohol addiction

Find treatment centers, treatment programs and counselors near you.

The Wisconsin Department of Health Services lets you search the directory of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) treatment providers in the state. The search page will provide you with a list of programs, addresses, phone numbers and a Google Map displaying their locations.

Start with the instructions at https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/guide/provider-search.htm. On the search page, make sure you check the box at the bottom for “Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse/Mental Health Treatment Program.”

You can also download the statewide directory of providers from https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/regulations/aoda/sa-only-directory.pdf (PDF format).

Here are more resources, listed alphabetically:

American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry Patient Resources: Searchable directory of addiction psychiatrists and health personnel, and links to more online resources.
Web: http://www.aaap.org/patient-resources/

American Society of Addiction Medicine: Directory of physicians.
Web: http://community.asam.org/search/default.asp?m=basic

Families Anonymous: Program for people dealing with a loved one’s addiction.
Web: http://www.familiesanonymous.org/

Opioid Treatment Program Directory: U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services directory of Wisconsin programs offering medication-assisted treatment.
Web: http://dpt2.samhsa.gov/treatment/directory.aspx

Partnership for Drug-free Kids: A help line for parents dealing with a child’s drug or alcohol abuse, not a crisis line.
Toll-free: 1-855-DRUG-FREE (1-855-378-4373)

U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services: Help line to find a nearby treatment center.
Toll-free: 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)

Comments are closed.