GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) – The Green Bay Packers have received reports of counterfeit tickets for Sunday’s home opener against the Detroit Lions circulating through unauthorized resellers.
The Packers say they dealt with this issue during the Wisconsin-LSU game at Lambeau Field. Some fans were denied access to the stadium because they had purchased counterfeit tickets.
“Although the Internet makes it easier for counterfeit tickets to be created and sold, it is also easier for ticket buyers to do research and protect themselves from purchasing counterfeit tickets,” reads a statement from the Packers.
ADVICE FOR FANS:
- The Packers say avoid free online marketplaces that ask buyers to arrange to pay for tickets in person. These are often counterfeit.
- Buy tickets through official team sources and partners like NFL Ticket Exchange. It’s the only resale ticket marketplace authorized by the team.
- Do your homework. Research unofficial sources to see if they are legit.
- Pay with a credit card. Charges can be disputed.
- Remember the old adage: “If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.”