Crews fight electrical fire at Lawrence University dorm

Lawrence University exterior sign night 11192015

APPLETON, Wis. (WBAY) – An electrical fire that was caused by a dorm room refrigerator prompted an evacuation Sunday on the Lawrence University campus.

The Appleton Fire Department says it was dispatched at 10:49 a.m. for a fire at the 700 block of East Boldt Way in Appleton. The two-story dorm was in the process of being evacuated.

Crews found the fire on the first floor in an office area by the front entryway. They put out the flames and ventilated the building.

No one was hurt. The fire caused an estimated $8,000 in damages.

Students were allowed to go back into the building after firefighters left at 12:21 p.m.