GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) – A student at Ann Sullivan Elementary School is being questioned about a fire in a boy’s bathroom.
Fire alarms at the school on Deckner Avenue sounded shortly before 11 Tuesday morning.
A building maintenance worker had the fire mostly extinguished before firefighters arrived minutes later, and the entire student body had evacuated.
Damage was limited to one stall in the bathroom and a garbage can, but there was smoke damage to the rest of the bathroom and the area immediately outside the bathroom. Damage is estimated at $100.
Students were allowed back inside about an hour later after fire crews ventilated the building and checked the air quality.