Will you drive away in a Chevy Cruze, a Ford Focus, a Hyundai Elantra or a Volkswagen Jetta?
You could win any one of these cars valued at more than $20,000!
WBAY and BroadwayAutomotive.com are giving you MORE POWER 2 CHOOSE!
Daily winners get 3 months of UNLIMITED FULL SERVICE washes from PDQ Car Wash
Official Contest Rules appear at the bottom of this page.
HOW TO PLAY
Starting with Action 2 News at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, October 23, through Action 2 News This Morning on Tuesday, November 22.
Watch Action 2 News at Six (5:30 on Sundays), Action 2 News at Ten (or late edition) and Action 2 News This Morning for a “personalized license plate” key code that could win you a new set of keys!
That’s ONE, TWO, THREE separate chances every day to win unlimited PDQ car washes for three months (perfect for a salty winter)!
You don’t need all the codes, but the more you watch the more chances you have of winning!
From those 30 daily winners, one will get the keys that starts a car… and then CHOOSE one of four new cars:
Chevrolet Cruze LS (MSRP $20,439.95), Ford Focus SE (MSRP $20,640), Hyundai Elantra SE (MSRP $20,090) or Volkswagen Jetta S (MSRP $20,249.95) from BroadwayAutomotive.com!
HOW TO ENTER
Write down the code exactly as it appears on TV. Each code is like a personalized license plate, so words may be “creatively” misspelled and numbers may be used in place of letters.
It doesn’t matter if you use upper- or lower-case letters, but mistyping the code can hurt your chances of getting in the daily drawing. There are no spaces or special characters.
- Internet: Click on the links above or at http://prizes.wbay.com to find links for entering the appropriate newscast’s key code. Mobile browsers, especially on phones, may only see a page to log in then submit a key code. That’s OK, too!
- Text: Text a key code to 36729. SEND ONLY THE KEY CODE. (NOTE: Texts to this number may not be recognized before Sunday’s Action 2 News at 5:30). Then, when you get a “Success!” message, we’d LOVE it if you would reply with your name and hometown so we can announce you on TV if you win. (You only need to do this once, and you will get an automated response saying “I didn’t understand.” That’s because we can only program the system to know what keywords to expect, but rest assured that automated response means we DID get your reply!)
Send each key code in its own text message. If you send multiple codes in one text message, the system counts it as one entry and you miss out on additional chances of winning.
When a key code is just announced on Action 2 News it can take a few minutes to get a reply as the system is flooded with entries.
- Action 2 News On the Go app: Click “More” on the front page of Action 2 News On the Go app to find dedicated buttons for each newscast’s entry form.
The deadline for entering is always 4 p.m. For codes in the evening and late newscasts, that’s 4 p.m. the next day. For codes given in the morning, that’s 4 p.m. the same day.
Below, we’ll try to cover common questions from previous contests. If these tips don’t help, please email the webmaster
1. “I don’t get any response when I text.”
Make sure you texted the key code to 36729. The WBAY TxT Club always replies to messages, even if it’s to say…
2. “The reply says my message wasn’t understood.”
If you get this reply to a key code, make sure the code you sent was spelled exactly as it appeared on TV, with no spaces or preceding words such as “wbay” or “hello.” Maybe auto-correct didn’t do you any favors. Key codes expire at 4 p.m.
If you get this reply after sending your name, that’s because the system isn’t smart. Because there’s no registration for entering by text, we don’t know who sent us a text message unless you reply to a “Success!” message with your name and hometown; we only know the phone number your message was sent from. The system is only programmed to recognize these key codes, so when it sees something else (like your name) it sends that automated reply. You can trust since you got that reply we received your message and can look up your name if a key code sent from your phone number is chosen as the winner.
3. “The page says the keyword is invalid.”
Make sure you’re entering it on the right page. There are 3 separate pages, one for each newscast giving a “personalized license plate”-style key code (you’ll find quick links at the top of this article). Then make sure you type the code as it appeared on TV; capitalization doesn’t matter, but spelling does.
4. “I get a blank/black/gray/dark gray screen”
or, “I get a message saying I’m ineligible for this contest.”
Both of these errors affected few users (0.001% in our last contest) but because they happened at all we’ll mention them here (and if they happen to you, let us know so we can keep track). These appear to be an issue with the web browser. People reporting the blank screen had success following these steps. If you get the “ineligible” message, skip to step 3; this issue appears to be a “cookie” (a small data file your browser saves) not updating or recognizing a new round of keywords.
- Check the settings on your web browser. Under the tools section-> Internet options-> security you will see a setting for third-party cookies. You may try lowering this setting to allow cookies to be set.
- Make sure your browser is up-to-date, or consider using a different browser. Nearly all are available for free.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. These are your browser’s “memory” for automatically logging into web sites, or saving graphics so you don’t have to download them when you visit a web page again.
- Desktop browsers are too varied to covered here. You can find instructions for a multitude of browsers athttp://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/
- On an iPad, choose the Settings icon on the home screen. Look for “Safari” (or the browser you’re using). Select “Clear Cookies and Data.”
- On a Mac, open Safari. On the menu, select Preferences. Click the Privacy tab and click “Clear All Website Data.” You may be asked to confirm.
- On an Android device, open your browser. Find “Settings.” It may be an icon that looks like a gear, or it might be under the menu (the menu may resemble 3 dots or 3 stacked lines). Select Privacy and click “Clear Browsing Data.” You may be asked which data you want cleared. Select Cache and Cookies.
Clearing the cache and cookies doesn’t affect any apps, but websites you logged into with the browser will ask you to log in again next time. (So, for example, if you use an email app, nothing changes; if you use your browser to visit your email account, you’ll be asked to log in.)
5. “Where do I download your app?”
The Action 2 News On the Go news app is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets.
- Click here for Action 2 News On the Go for Apple devices on the App Store
- Click here for Action 2 News on the Go for Android devices on Google Play
Click “More” on the app to find dedicated “Power 2 Choose” buttons for each newscast.
Thank you for reading. Now… WATCH AND WIN!
ACTION 2 NEWS “POWER 2 CHOOSE”
from WBAY and Broadwayautomotive.com
Complete Contest Rules – November 2016
- Watch ACTION 2 NEWS THIS MORNING, ACTION 2 NEWS AT SIX, and ACTION 2 NEWS AT TEN daily for chances to win a PDQ gift card and the Grand Prize, the Power 2 Choose one of four brand new cars!
- Viewers will be asked to write down a License Plate key code (hereafter, “key code”). Three separate key codes will be announced each day, Sunday through Saturday, with one key code given during ACTION 2 NEWS AT SIX (or Action 2 News at 5:30 on Sundays), one key code given during ACTION 2 NEWS AT TEN (in case of preemption, the late edition of Action 2 News), and one key code given during ACTION 2 NEWS THIS MORNING — for three possible daily entries — beginning with Action 2 News at 5:30 on Sunday, October 23, 2016, through Action 2 News This Morning on Tuesday, November 22, 2016. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from all eligible daily finalists during a live event on ACTION 2 NEWS THIS MORNING on Wednesday, November 23, 2016.
- Upon verification, each daily winner will receive a gift card for three months of unlimited, full service washes for PDQ Car Wash and become a finalist in the Grand Prize drawing: the choice of a brand new Chevrolet Cruze, Volkswagen Jetta, Hyundai Elantra, or Ford Focus from BroadwayAutomotive.com!
- Entry is via the WBAY Rewards Club and/or the WBAY TxT Club. Limit one entry per person per key code, regardless of entry method.
- Enter via the WBAY Rewards Club website, prizes.wbay.com, from any computer or mobile browser; or
- Enter via the WBAY Rewards Club link on the Action 2 News On the Go smartphone/tablet app; or
- Enter by texting the key code to 36729 (mobile carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages).
- ENTRY VIA TEXT: We want to make it easy for people to enter our contests, but by offering text entry, the only thing we know about you (if your entry is chosen) is your cell phone number. When you submit a key code via text, you’ll get an automated response asking you to PLEASE REPLY BACK with your name and hometown. You only need to do this once per contest period. This way, if your entry is selected, we can search for your message and find your name and hometown to announce on TV. Please note that when you reply with your name and hometown, you will get a second automated text message, which you should ignore.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE? At the time of contest entry, contestants must be at least 18 years of age, must live within WBAY-TV’s viewing area, and must have a valid driver’s license (and provide proof of that license to WBAY). Employees of participating sponsors (including Broadway Automotive and PDQ), WBAY-TV, Media General, competing television stations, cable, and satellite companies, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) are not eligible. If you are announced as a daily winner but do not meet these eligibility rules, your daily prize will be forfeited; you will not be a finalist for the grand prize; and no replacement name will be drawn.
- Viewers will have until 4 p.m. each day to register the key code for the previous day’s Action 2 News at Six and Action 2 News at Ten key codes and the current day’s morning key code. Viewers do not need all three key codes to be eligible; each correctly entered key code is a valid entry, and registering more key codes increases your chances of winning.
- Each day, one winner with the correct key code will be randomly chosen from all of the entries received for that daily drawing and announced during ACTION 2 NEWS AT SIX (or ACTION 2 NEWS AT 5:30 on Sundays) starting Monday, October 24, 2016, and continuing through Tuesday, November 22, 2016.
- Each daily winner will receive a gift card valued at $120 for three months of unlimited, full service washes from PDQ Car Wash. Unlimited washes begin the day the gift card is redeemed and can be used for one vehicle only. The Grand Prize courtesy of BroadwayAutomotive.com is EITHER a Chevy Cruze LS (stock #A022380, VIN #1GBC5SMXH7147712) with an MSRP of $20,439.95; a Volkswagen Jetta S (stock #A022236, VIN #3VW2B7AJ3HM227188) with an MSRP of $20,249.95; a Hyundai Elantra SE (stock #M019801, VIN #5NPD84LF8HH115151) with an MSRP of $20,090; OR a Ford Focus SE (stock #M019955, VIN #1FADP3F26GL379897) with an MSRP of $20,640. MSRPs are approximate. If any of the prizes become unavailable before the end of the contest, a vehicle of the same year, make, and model with equal or greater MSRP will be substituted.
- Odds of winning a PDQ gift card are determined by the number of entries submitted for that day. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are approximately 1 in 30.
- Each winner will be notified by telephone or email. In the unlikely event a winner cannot be contacted or a finalist is determined ineligible during the contest, the qualifying spot will not be replaced and the odds of winning are increased. WBAY-TV is not responsible for errors, problems, or difficulties in the contest including, but not limited to, internet or phone service. WBAY will make reasonable attempts to contact finalists; however, if information is missing or incorrect and we cannot make contact to verify eligibility within five (5) business days of their entry being chosen, the qualifying prize will be forfeit and the viewer will not be eligible for the grand prize. Because the eligibility of all finalists must be verified before the grand prize drawing, if any daily winners selected the final contest week (after November 15) cannot be contacted by 8 p.m. Tuesday, November 23, 2016, they will not be entered into the grand prize drawing.
- Limit one finalist per household.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- This contest may be discontinued or rules changed at any time without notice. This contest is conducted by WBAY-TV whose decisions are final on all matters.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-redeemable for cash, and may not be substituted by the winner. Some restrictions apply. Prizes will be forfeited if the winner is determined to be ineligible. A prize may be substituted by WBAY-TV in the unlikely event that it is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control. The Grand Prize must be picked up by the winner. Tax, title, license, and document fees are not included.
- The grand prize winner must show proof of identification, sign a standard WBAY release form, and provide WBAY-TV with their Social Security number for tax purposes, as they will receive a 1099 form. By accepting prizes, winners grant WBAY, Broadway Automotive, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, and advertising and promotional agencies (“sponsor and its agents”) the right to use and publish their proper name, city/state of residence, and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes online, in print, and in any other media worldwide in connection with the contest, without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited.
- Winners agree that WBAY-TV, their sponsors, agencies, and affiliates have no liability in connection with the acceptance or use of any prizes awarded in this contest.
- These rules are available at the WBAY-TV studios located at 115 South Jefferson Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin, 54301, or online at wbay.com.
- Upon completion of the contest, a complete list of winners will be available on the WBAY Rewards Club website and/or upon written request to WBAY-TV.
- Void where prohibited.