GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) – Wisconsin residents are urged to dispose of expired or unused medications during Drug Take Back Day, Saturday, Oct. 22.
The goal is to cut down on the abuse of painkillers and other medications.
“More than two thirds of people who have abused prescription painkillers got them illegally from a friend or family member,” said Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel. “Wisconsinites can help cut down on prescription drug abuse by storing prescription drugs securely and disposing of unused medication through proper methods, like DOJ’s biannual Drug Take Back Day.”
What to bring:
- Prescription (controlled and non-controlled) medication
- Over-the-counter medications
- Non-aerosol sprays
- Pet medications
Do not bring:
- Illegal drugs
- Aerosol cans
- Bio-hazardous materials (bodily fluid or blood)
- Personal care items (soaps, shampoos, lotions)
- Household hazardous waste
- Mercury thermometers.