Cooking fire at Bellevue apartment complex comes with warning

MGN/Online
MGN/Online

BROWN COUNTY, Wis. (WBAY) – The Bellevue Fire Department is reminding citizens about the dangers of unattended cooking after a Monday morning fire.

At about 4:39 a.m., crews were called to the 1800 block of Verlin Road for a fire in an apartment building.

Brown County deputies arrived to find fire on a stove in one of the units and were able to put it out.

All residents safely evacuated the building. No one was hurt.

The Bellevue Fire Department checked the building and cleared it of smoke before allowing residents back inside.

“The Bellevue Fire Department would like to remind everyone that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries,” says a statement from Bellevue Chief Jack Mlnarik. “The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking.”