Green Bay man suffers burns in garage fire

still1111_00001

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) – A Green Bay man was transported to a local hospital after he suffered burns during a garage fire.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department says it was called at 10:19 a.m. Friday to the 2300 block of Sycamore Drive for a fire at an apartment complex.

Firefighters say a car that was under repair malfunctioned and burst into flames in a detached four-stall garage.

A man who lives inside the apartment complex was treated for his burns. The extent of his injuries is unknown.

It took crews about 10 minutes to put out most of the fire, but they stayed on scene for three hours to investigate. The siding of nearby garages melted from the heat.

The fire caused an estimated $70,000 in damages. No one was displaced.