Fire in Fond du Lac High School bathroom

FILE/PIXABAY
FILE/PIXABAY

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WBAY) – Firefighters are investigating how a fire started in a trash container in a men’s bathroom at Fond du Lac High School.

Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the high school at 1:50 Tuesday afternoon.

A staff member extinguished the fire.

The plastic trash container, which was affixed to the bathroom wall, was destroyed. Firefighters say there was a significant amount of smoke in the hallways that had to be cleared out.

The building was evacuated without incident while fire crews responded, and students and staff were out of the building for about an hour, the fire department said.