Investigators: Clintonville fire was accidental

downtown-clintonville-fire-1

CLINTONVILLE, Wis. (WBAY) – A fire in downtown Clintonville that left 5 people without a home was accidental, the fire department says.

The fire was reported at about 2:30 Wednesday morning, and five fire departments were called to assist (see related story). The family of five living in an apartment about China King restaurant was able to escape safely.

The State Fire Marshall’s Office and building inspector determined the fire originated in the floor structure between the restaurant and the upstairs apartments, but do not have more specific information than that. The fire was accidental in nature.

The fire department says because of concerns about the structure’s safety, the Blue Bird Cafe next door is closed until further notice.

downtown-clintonville-fire-3 downtown-clintonville-fire-1 downtown-clintonville-fire-2