GRAND CHUTE, Wis. (AP) — State inspectors have found two violations at an Appleton area restaurant where a child fell into a grease trap.
The 3-year-old boy jumped on the grease trap lid outside the Denny’s restaurant last month and fell in. His father pulled him out and the child didn’t suffer any serious injuries.
The state Department of Safety and Professional Services has since inspected the grease receptacle and found the tank lids were not properly fastened and that two bolts were missing.
WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/1zkrlj5 ) reports inspectors say Denny’s also needs to label the grease trap.
If the restaurant fails to correct the problems, a citation or fine would be issued.
Information from: WLUK-TV, http://www.fox11online.com